What to bring to a swim meet
- 3-4 towels (1 towel per event)
- robe or warm sweatshirt
- snacks and/or money for concessions
- cards, books, games, or something for your child to do in-between events.
- bag chairs
- sharpie markers (to mark your child’s events on his/her body)
- camera/ snack-size baggies to keep cell phones dry
- extra goggles and swimcap
- a great attitude and lots of energy
Please note: Alcohol and tobacco are not allowed at swim meets.
Labeling your swimmer
Reading a Heat Sheet (Event Chart) and Marking a Swimmer:
Please mark your swimmer on their arm, leg or hand with a sharpie marker. Please write the swimmer’s name on the back shoulder. This will help lane managers and timers identify your child and ensure they are in the right lane and event.
Swimmers should be marked in EHL grid format. There are 3 columns: E (event number), H (heat number), and L (lane number). The 4th column is for the name of the event (and leg if it is a relay).
**Each swimmer may swim in a maximum of 5 events: 3 individual and 2 relays: We make every attempt to place each swimmer in 5 events, but this isn’t always possible. Each swimmer will swim at least 3 events.